A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 (one) Research Grant (RG) in the scope of R&D project “EduCITY – Smart and sustainable cities with Augmented Reality mobile educational games made by and for the Citizens” (PTDC/CEDEDG/0197/2021), of the CIDTFF – Research Centre on Didactics and Technology in the Education of Trainers of the Department of Education and Psychology of the University of Aveiro, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Sciences and Technologies of Communication.
2. Funding Source: Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (OE).
3. Admission Requirements: Candidates must be a Graduate or Master in the field of Sciences and Technologies of Communication or related area and must meet one of the following conditions:
i) be a student enrolled in a Doctoral Program in the area of Sciences and Technologies of Communication or related area; or
ii) be enrolled in a course that does not confer an academic degree provided by the University of Aveiro; or
iii) meet the necessary conditions to enrol in a course that does not lead to an academic degree provided by the University of Aveiro.
Preference will be given to candidates with multimedia technical skills who do not have a Doctor’s degree.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan: The work plan should contribute to the objectives of the EduCITY project (https://blogs.ua.pt/cidtff/?p=39432) and involves the tasks: to create and update the project website (for example through the use of a CMS); to develop multimedia content to include in the games (eg augmented reality, simulations, 3D animations, logo, mascot); to collaborate with the research team in the literature revision, in the data collection and analysis, and in the dissemination of the project.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 12 months, starting in March 01st, 2022, and may be renewed for additional periods of 12 months, up to the maximum limit of approved funding (December 31st, 2024). If the selected person is Graduate or Master who is attending a course that does not lead to an academic degree or meets the necessary conditions to enroll in a course that does not lead to an academic degree, the scholarship will last for 12 months, scheduled to start on March 01st, 2022. In any case, the extension of the fellowship may not, under any circumstances, exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €835.98 or €1,104.64, according to the profile of the selected candidate, and in accordance to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
More information available HERE