Open call for one (1) Research Grant under the TRUE – Trustworthy news and Related content for a Unified writing Environment – a project under the ID (AAC 17/SI/2019), with financial support from Centro2020, Portugal 2020, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Communication Sciences and Technologies
2. Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Multimedia and Communication, or related areas. Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD in Information and Communication Sciences or related areas or enrolled in a Non-Degree Course of University of Aveiro. Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in the scientific area of Information and Communication Sciences or related areas.
3. Eligibility: Candidates who comply with the provisions of paragraph a) of no. 1 of article 2 of the Research Grant Holder Statute, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of 28 August, and also the provisions of article 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro are eligible.
4. Work plan:
It is intended, during this scholarship, to perform the following tasks:
- Study similar solutions of writing supporting.
- Develop digital solution to support writing (based on web technologies), considering text main entities, and showing similar content fonts.
- Test and evaluate the solution with the target audience.
5. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28; Regulation of Scientific Research Grants of the University of Aveiro, Regulation no. 292/2020, published in Diário da República no. 61, Series II, of March 26 (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/130722170); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16 (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
6. Work place: The work will be carried out at the Department of Communication and Art of the University of Aveiro, in the DigiMedia laboratory, under the scientific supervision of Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva.
7. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months, starting in January 2022, possibly renewable, not exceeding the maximum duration of the project.
8. Amount of the monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant is €1,104.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance values, set out in Annex III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
9. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used are:
(a) Curriculum evaluation (50%);
b) Interview (50%).
10. Composition of the Selection Board: Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva (Chairman); Professor Jorge Trinidad Ferraz de Abreu (Effective Member); Professor Pedro Alexandre dos Santos Almeida (Effective Member); Professor Ana Margarida Pisco Almeida (Substitute Member); Carlos Manuel das Neves Santos (Substitute Member).
11. Application deadline and form of presentation of applications: The call is open from 13 to 27 of December of 2021 and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
The application should be formalized with the following documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, qualifications certificate and other supporting documents deemed relevant. You should also indicate the e-mail address to which, by that indication, you accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
The application should be done by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be disclosed no later than 60 working days after the deadline for submission of applications by notifying the candidates. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Administrative Procedure Code, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, comment on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days of the respective notification.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 1 of April of 2021 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.