Open call for one (1) Research Grant under the TRUE – Trustworthy news and Related content for a Unified writing Environment – a project under the ID (AAC 17/SI/2019), under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Communication Sciences and Technologies
3. Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Multimedia Communication, or related areas. Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD in Information and Communication Sciences or related areas or enrolled in a Non-Degree Course of University of Aveiro. Applicants should have academic and/or professional experience in the area of responsive web application development. Experience in research projects with participation in the development of solutions based on front-end technologies such as ReactJS is valued, as well as abilities in the English language. Skills in carrying out application evaluation studies and data analysis are also valued.
5. Work plan:
It is intended, during the course of this fellowship, to carry out the following tasks:
- Study existing solutions for the development of tools to support writing in Portuguese.
- Develop a web writing support solution, considering the main entities you are writing about and showing sources of additional information about these entities.
- Test and evaluate the solution developed with the project’s target audience (High School Students).
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28; Regulation of Scientific Research Grants of the University of Aveiro, Regulation no. 292/2020, published in Diário da República no. 61, Series II, of March 26 (https://dre.pt/application/file/a/130722170); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16 (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Work place: The work will be carried out at the Department of Communication and Art of the University of Aveiro, in the DigiMedia laboratory, under the scientific supervision of Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva.
8. Duration of the fellowship(s): The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months, starting in February 16, 2022, possibly renewable, not exceeding the maximum duration of the project.
9. Amount of the monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant is €1,104.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance values, set out in Annex III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used are:
(a) Curriculum evaluation (50%);
b) Interview (50%).
11. Composition of the Selection Board: Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva (Chairman); Professor Jorge Trinidad Ferraz de Abreu (Effective Member); Professor Pedro Alexandre dos Santos Almeida (Effective Member); Professor Ana Margarida Pisco Almeida (Substitute Member); Carlos Manuel das Neves Santos (Substitute Member).
12. Application deadline and form of presentation of applications: The call is open from 7 to 20 of January of 2022 and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
The application should be formalized with the following documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, qualifications certificate and other supporting documents deemed relevant. You should also indicate the e-mail address to which, by that indication, you accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
The application should be done by e-mail to email@example.com
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 1 of April of 2022 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
More information available here PT