Multimodus’22 – 1st International Conference on Sound and Image in Art & Design is an academic event dedicated to sound and image studies in the context of Art & Design. It aims at bringing together researchers, practitioners, entrepreneurs, and educators to discuss the theory and practice of the audio- visual experience, spanning from purely artistic perspectives to industry-driven endeavours.
The guiding theme for this year’s edition is “The creative process: reflections on contemporary creativity”: what does it mean to be creative in the age of creativity, how ideas emerge, serendipity vs systematization, creativity-sparking rituals, ideation technologies and everything in between. For a comprehensive list of the conference’s topics, check the submit page.
The conference’s program blends scientific panels, workshops, cultural events, and social gatherings, expecting to appeal to an eclectic audience, beyond the academic walls.
The event’s official languages are English (main), Portuguese and Spanish.
These are still times of uncertainty. Although the event is planned to happen in the physical world, online participation is accepted.
2 April 2022 – Abstract submission deadline
22 April 2022 – Abstract acceptance notice
2 May 2022 – Registration deadline / fee payment
8 May 2022 – Official program announcement
7/8 June 2022 – Conference
Oral presentations at the conference’s sessions are subject to approval by the conference’ scientific committee, based on the abstract’s scientific relevance and adequacy of the content to the conference topics.
Abstracts should be submitted using the EasyChair submission platform
Each author can submit up to 3 abstracts.
Authors of the accepted abstracts (who register for the conference) agree to present their work at Multimodus’22 (oral presentation) and publish the abstract in the conference’s Book of Abstracts (w/ ISBN).
Authors are invited to submit abstracts to one of the following session topics:
- Sound and image in Art & Design: contemporary aesthetics, theory and practice
- Creativity in Art & Design: theories, processes and tools
- Behind the scenes of the creative process: case studies on Art & Design
- The audio-visual expanded: technologies at the edge of the sound and image experience
- Teaching and learning creativity in Art & Design: challenges and opportunities
- Innovation and sustainability in Art & Design: projects and best practices
- Title of the presentation/abstract
- Length: 250 to 500 words
- Identify the topic to which the abstract is being submitted to
- Blind submission (remove any reference to the author/s and filiation/s)
- Editable file format (Word / Pages / Open Office – no LaTeX)
- Image (optional – no more than 1)
- References (no more than 5)
- Languages: English (preferred), Portuguese and Spanish
More information available HERE