What is miOne world?
miOne World is the 1st International Conference on Online Social Environments for Active Ageing, which gathers researchers, practitioners and industry representatives to discuss the design, development and evaluation of digitally mediated products for active ageing, sense of belonging and perceived wellbeing. It takes place online on 22 and 23 June 2021, being organized by the Department of Communication and Arts – DigiMedia, University of Aveiro jointly with University of Porto (FLUP) and Polytechnic Institute of Viseu (ESEV).
There are 2 typologies of participation in this conference:
- Researchers who may present their scientific work in the field;
- Universities of the Third Age / Daycare centres / Associations or other entities that can share and present their experiences.
The reflection and discussion take the form of R&D work, policies, case studies, demonstrations, entrepreneur experiences, reviews and methodological proposals. In addition, the conference will promote the debate about gerontechnology and digital wellbeing in times of pandemic influenza. The socio-techno-ethical dimensions associated to the adopted digitally mediated strategies to overpass the boundaries of social distancing measures are under focus.
Suggested research topics for contributions include, but are not limited to:
Theory on Online Social Environments for Active Ageing
- Information and Digital Literacy
- Use or Non-use of Socio-Gerontechnology
- Acceptance and Use of Technology
- Intergenerational Differences in Uses and Gratifications
- Physio-, Psycho- and Social Digitally-mediated Approaches to Active Ageing
- Ethics assessment in the use of digitally-mediated interventions for active ageing.
Design and Development of Online Social Environments for Active Ageing
- Designing Online Communities for Active Ageing
- CoDesign and Community Centred Design Approaches
- Accessibility tools and features
- Experience Design for Active Ageing
- Media Design Kits in Active Aging and Wellness
- Development of Digital Apps for Active Ageing.
Evaluation Methods of Online Social Environments for Active Ageing
- Process evaluation of digitally-mediated interventions
- Prototype evaluation (Information, Interaction and Visuals)
- Impact evaluation and Measure of Behaviour Changes
- Social and ICT Usage Metrics
- Scale Development and Validation
The miOne World research team pleasurably invites every enthusiast in the field of gerontechnology – researchers and practitioners – from all over the world to participate in the first international conference on Online Social Environments for Active Ageing.
• Deadline for abstract submission: June 18, 2021
• Notification to the authors: July 9, 2021
• Submission to print-ready version: July 22-23, 2021
• Conference: July 22-23, 2021
The selected abstracts will be published in a Abstract Book (with ISBN) edited by the University of Aveiro, DigiMedia. Abstract Papers should contain the following structure (English, Spanish or Portuguese, 1000-1200 words): Title, 3-5 keywords, objectives, method, main results and conclusions. The submission template can be downloaded here.
Societal organizations and enterprises or/and other entities can also contribute with the indication/examples of good practices and initiatives undertaken in the organization (English, Spanish or Portuguese, 1000-1200 words).
Authors will be invited to submit a full paper (8-12 pages) to be published in Springer Proceedings indexed in SCOPUS, EI-Compendex and Springerlink with the extended deadline of September 15th, 2021.
More information available HERE
For further questions please contact DigiMediaemail@example.com