A tender is hereby opened for the award of 1 (one) Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) in the scope of R&D project EduCITY – Smart and sustainable cities with Augmented Reality mobile educational games made by and for the Citizens” (PTDC/CED-EDG/0197/2021), of the CIDTFF – Research Centre on Didactics and Technology in the Education of Trainers of the Department of Education and Psychology of the University of Aveiro, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Education Sciences.
2. Funding Source: Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (OE).
3. Admission Requirements: Doctorate in Education, in Multimedia in Education or related area, with preference in previous research experience in the area of game-based learning and/or in the area of Internet of Things and/or in the area of Education for Sustainability.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph b) of nos.1 and 2 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as in article 7 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. PDFs can only be granted provided the following requirements are met cumulatively:
a) The doctorate has been obtained within the three years prior to the date of submission of the application for the grant;
b) The postdoctoral research is carried out in a host entity different from the entity where the research work leading to the doctoral degree was carried out;
c) the research activities do not require postdoctoral experience;
d) the research activities have a time frame for development and implementation of three years or less;
e) The fellow does not exceed, with the conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of three years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated.
5. Work plan: The work plan should contribute to the objectives of the EduCITY project
(https://blogs.ua.pt/cidtff/?p=39432) and involves the tasks: to collect, analyze and keep up-to-date the bibliography related to the studied problematic; to support the design and testing of the mobile application using augmented reality and the game creation platform to be developed by an enterprise; to collaborate in the development of digital pedagogical guides about sustainability; to organize and participate in activities for different target audiences, including teacher training; to collaborate in the collection and analysis of research data; to collaborate in the preparation of scientific publications and of dissemination of the project to the community; and to support the writing of the project’s annual reports.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 12 months, starting in March 01st, 2022, possibly renewable for additional periods of 12 months, up to the maximum funding approved (December 31st, 2024), and may under no circumstances exceed the limits defined in the Regulations for the type of grant in question, in accordance with Article 7 of Regulation No. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in the Diário da República, No. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation).
More information available HERE.