The DigiMedia Collection is a UA Press book collection managed by DigiMedia and focused on the publication of works in the scientific area of Digital Media.
Its goal is to contribute to the deepening of the different theoretical and methodological challenges of this area of knowledge. The DigiMedia Collection publishes books in digital format in four languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish and French. A restricted number of paper copies of each issue will be produced for the purpose of registration but may be purchased on request.
The works to be submitted may have the most varied origins — from scientific projects to theses, independent studies to reports. In essence, it is not the origin that matters but the contribution to the field of Digital Media, being considered with particular relevance the scientific discussion and innovation. The DigiMedia Collection is published in open access, licensing the works through Creative Commons.
Submission of new works should be made to the contacts below.
The DigiMedia Collection is directed by Vania Baldi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lídia Oliveira (email@example.com), managed by Ângela Espinha (firstname.lastname@example.org) and has a scientific committee responsible for the peer-review in a double-blind format.
Guidelines to Keep in Mind for Your Manuscript Submission
Please carefully follow the guidelines below as you write. Any manuscripts not meeting these guidelines will be returned to the author(s) for correction, which can cause significant delays in the publication of your work.
Required Word Counts
6,000-10,000 words (Edited book chapter) including the abstract, footnotes, references, and appendices, if any – all inclusive.
Keywords – 3 to 6 keywords.
Titles. Titles may be no longer than 100 characters. Subtitles, if included, may be no longer than 50 characters – 11-point tahoma font, bold.
Abstract – single-space 8-point tahoma; no more than 300 words (note: if your text is written in a language other than English, please submit both an original and an english version of your abstract, title, and keywords).
Font – 1.5 line spacing; 9-point Tahoma font.
Tables/Graphs – insert within the text at the appropriate places rather than at the end of your doc.
Pictures/Videos/Audios – insert within the text at the appropriate places rather than at the end of your doc. Also, submit these images/video/audio files as separate files to be stored on DigiMedia server (upload them as suplementary files).
Figures should be in .tif format and 300 dpi.
All manuscripts must
- be submitted in Microsoft® Word.
- be typewritten in Portuguese, Spanish, French, English
- Originality of manuscripts.Only ORIGINAL submissions will be accepted for publication. Manuscripts may not have been previously published or be submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Revised manuscripts.DigiMedia Collection will not publish a manuscript that is a “revised” version of a manuscript that you published elsewhere. In order to be considered original, a manuscript must be at least 80% new material with no more than 200 consecutive words (properly cited) repeated verbatim from any previously published work.
- APA citations.Please ensure that all information in your manuscript that is taken from another source is substantiated with an in-text reference citation. A minimum of 10 sources is required for each submission.
- Your references must follow APA (American Psychological Association) style 7th edition. https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2015/03/how-to-cite-an-llustrated-book.html or http://farol.web.ua.pt/subjects/guide.php?subject=gestaoreferencias#tab-4
- URL– all URL addresses in the text and bibliography/references should be active and ready to click.
The book “Multimédia, Novos Média and Média Digitais” arises from the need to inscribe a set of concepts and principles dear to the teaching of Digital Media in Portugal. Over the last decade, the national agency for accreditation of higher education, the A3ES, has been called to intervene and evaluate all courses of higher education, polytechnic and university, in the field of Multimedia. Knowing that we are facing a recent area, the result of several transformations that are far from being stabilized, it was urgent to publicly present thought and reflection on the domain, namely pedagogical, in order to ensure a harmonizing knowledge base in the area in Portugal.
Download the PDF.